Personal Information Collection Statement
This statement (“PICS”) provides you, as the data subject to whom the data user, Candy Pang & Co. (or CPC), provides services, with notice as to why your personal data is collected, how it is intended to be used, to whom your personal data may be provided, and how to access, review and correct your personal data, in accordance with the requirements of the “Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance” (“PDPO”).
It is important that you read this PICS, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used?
It is necessary for you (as clients or potential clients) and/or your representatives to supply CPC with data about yourselves, which may be used by CPC in any of the following circumstances:
- to fulfill our legal, regulatory, and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims;
- when it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- to manage and administer our relationship with you and/or your representatives;
- if you have already made the information public; and
- if you have given your consent.
The legitimate interests referred to above include using your information:
- for carrying out our business intake procedures;
- for designing and/or providing legal services or advice to you; and
- for the functioning of our business and its operations.
Failure to supply such data may result in CPC being unable to provide you with the legal services or advice as requested.
Who may be provided with your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept confidential, but may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, provide the personal data to the following parties:
- third parties through which the business of CPC is or will be carried out;
- a government agency, courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies, as required and permitted by the applicable law and regulations;
- our professional advisors, auditors and information technology service providers;
third parties to whom we outsource certain services, including, but not limited to, translation, printing, transcription, document review, parties involved in hosting or organizing events, debt collection agencies; and
- third parties who are engaged in connection to the services we provide to you, including, but not limited to, barristers, experts, investigation service providers and company service providers.
Where you have expressly given us your consent, we may process your personal data also for the following promotional or marketing purposes: customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis or other promotional activities or events.
With regard to newsletters, legal updates and other general communications, we will only provide you with such information if you have opted in. You have the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us by writing to the address in the section on “Access rights to personal data” or sending us an email. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances. After that time, your data will be deleted.
Access rights to personal data
You are entitled, in accordance with the PDPO, to access and correct your personal data. Requests for access to or to correct personal data should be addressed to the Principal of Candy Pang & Co. (full address details can be found on the homepage of our website).
CPC has the right to charge costs which are directly related to and necessary for the processing of any personal data access request.
Changes to PICS
CPC reserves the right to update this PICS at any time and will make available an updated PICS on our website or in writing so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
If you have any questions about this PICS, please contact the CPC team at firstname.lastname@example.org